At Cwtchycats we believe in testing our breeding cats for everything available to us at the present time. We aim to breed top quality, healthy kittens and we firmly believe that this is currently the best way to ensure this.
ALL of our breeding Ragdolls have been genetically tested and have tested normal for PKD as well as the known defective HCM gene (MYBCP3). All of our British Longhair and shorthair breeding cats have been DNA tested for the known defective genes for PKD & PRA-pd, which can affect this breed. We are also in the process of having echocardiograms performed by certified cardiologists on all of our breeding cats' hearts to ensure all is at it should be there.
We are very proud of this and happy to provide documentary evidence of this to any prospective kitten owners. This means that any kitten born to us will be free of these known defective genes as they are hereditary. We also regularly test for FelV & FiV and can confirm that we are an FiV, FelV negative 'closed' cattery.
If you're looking for Cheap Kittens, please click here
- We are thrilled to announce that we have achieved an Outstanding Cattery award from TICA for the second consecutive year. We were the first Ragdoll breeders in UK to have been awarded this and are extremely proud of it. We are inspected by a Vet and we feel it recognises our dedication and the level of care and facilities for our cats and kittens. On top of that, we gained a perfect score in all sections both years!
- In the past 6 months we have taken 9 cats to a certified cardiologist for an Echocardiogram, Electrocardiogram and Auscultation of their hearts! We're delighted to share that Finn, Tsar, Elise, Destiny, Sapphire, Amy, Dina, Millie & Visage all passed this examination with flying colours and have no signs of HCM at this time. This is an ongoing program for us to ensure that we breed the healthiest, happiest cats possible.
- We have welcomed our first Ragdoll kittens of 2017 Their parents are Visage & Finn! Latest information and photographs can be found here
- We are waiting to welcome a litter from Elise & Finn into the world in early June. Please watch our Current Litters page for further information.
- We now have a dedicated Facebook page for our cats and kittens (and their owners): Cwtchycats Past & Present, please click this link to join us there and meet some of our feline family.