OUR TERMS & CONDITIONS & HEALTH GUARANTEE
*** Without exception, we neuter ALL kittens prior to them being rehomed except if they are sold as having breeding potential. The cost for this is included in the price of your kitten. This is non-negotiable and applies to any pet or show neuter kittens that we sell. For more information on Early Neutering, please click here ***
Terms of Sale for Kittens
In order to safeguard the welfare of our kittens they are all sold with a Kitten Agreement. If you are interested in acquiring a kitten from us please ensure that you read our Kitten Agreement prior to reserving one.
In order to secure a kitten you will be asked to pay a holding deposit of £150. This holding deposit is taken in good faith and is non refundable unless for any reason we are no longer willing or able to sell the kitten, in which case it will either be refunded in full or if appropriate, an alternative kitten will be offered if one is available.
Please ensure you have read our Terms of Sale and Kitten Agreement / Health Guarantee and that you are able to provide a kitten with a permanent, loving, indoor home before placing a deposit on one of our kittens.
We also recommend that you research the Ragdoll breed in order to know what to expect from your new kitten. We are always happy to chat and answer any questions you may have to help you make the right choice for you, but we strongly urge you to also research independently.
All our kittens are:
- Fully weaned and litter trained
- Vet checked at 9 weeks and at 12/13 weeks
- All Kittens bought as a pet or show neuter will be neutered before they leave us - without exception.
- Vaccinated against Feline Infectious Enteritis (FIe) also called Panleukopenia, Feline Calcivirus (FCV), Feline Rhinotracheitis (FVR) also called Cat Flu. We do not vaccinate against Feline Leukaemia (FLV), as it is a nasty vaccination and can overload a kittens' system. Indoor cats do not need this vaccination.
- Precautionarily wormed and flea treated
You will be provided with :
- Four generation pedigree
- TICA Registration Slip
- A copy of your Kitten Agreement & Health Guarantee
- Vaccination Certificate
- Agria Pet Insurance Cover Note providing full insurance for the kitten for five weeks.
- Kitten Care sheets and advice sheets
- Food (both wet and dry) & litter samples, treats, a Cwtch Bed and numerous toys.
Please do not be offended if we ask questions; we put a tremendous amount of love, care and expense into each and every one of our kittens and need to be sure that they are going to the right home.
We reserve the right to make changes to our terms where this is necessary to protect the welfare of our kittens.
~ * ~ * ~ * ~* ~ * ~
Below you will find a copy of our Kitten Sales Agreement and Health Guarantee. This Agreement is necessary to protect the welfare of our kittens. Feel free to read the Agreement at your leisure and please ask for any clarification where necessary. What our Agreement comes down to really is that we do not want our kittens being sold on to unknown third parties or mistreated in anyway.
We are responsible for bringing these kittens into this world and this is a responsibility which we take very seriously. We hope that you understand that we must protect our babies’ best interests and we will enforce the terms of our Agreement where necessary.
Kitten Sales Agreement & Health Guarantee
WHEREBY IT IS AGREED AS FOLLOWS:
- •That the Breeder will sell and ***** will buy ***** detailed above at the price of £ *****.
- •***** is satisfied with the observed health status of ***** at the time of sale and agrees to take him / her to be checked at her own vets within 7 days of transfer to ensure he / she is satisfied with his / her health. Until that time, he / she should be kept away from all other animals.
- •***** is registered with TICA and ***** should receive the official Registration Document directly from TICA in USA within the next three weeks. If you don’t receive it, please contact Carolyn and she will contact TICA to chase it up!
- •***** is to keep ***** as a household pet only in appropriate conditions for his / her health and welfare and he / she is to be fed an appropriate diet for his / her age and condition. Carolyn DOES NOT recommend changing the diet he / she is currently on (see care sheet) and will not be held responsible for issues arising from this. ***** should be kept as an indoor only cat, unless there is an enclosed, safe garden or a cat enclosure. This is due to the trusting nature and beauty of these cats, and the fact that they are unable to defend themselves against attack from other animals sufficiently. These cats are beautiful and valuable and unfortunately, it is not unknown for them to be stolen.
- • ****** agrees to keep in contact with Carolyn at least twice a year to update her on the progress of *****, with photographs if possible.
- •If ***** wishes to rehome ***** for any reason, Carolyn maintains first refusal for the life of *****. First refusal means that ***** must offer him / her back to Carolyn first.
- •***** shall not be sold, given, willed or donated to any pet shop, establishment or any other person without Carolyn’s prior written consent. Permission to transfer ownership is not guaranteed and will be given only to specific suitable third parties. Permission will not be granted until such time as the approved party has entered into a legally binding Agreement with Carolyn
- •***** understands that if there is a breach to any of the terms of this Agreement, or if ***** is neglected, maltreated or failing to receive adequate medical care, ***** is to immediately surrender him / her to Carolyn unconditionally and without financial restitution or compensation. If it becomes necessary to take legal action to repossess *****, all travel and necessary legal expenses shall be the sole responsibility of *****.
- •If ***** is sold as having show potential, Carolyn cannot guarantee success in competition - this is subjective to the different show judges and not something we are able to control.
- •Carolyn has insured ***** for the first five week period, he / she has been vaccinated and examined at least three times by a qualified veterinary surgeon and is in full health to the best of the Carolyn’s knowledge. It is ***** s’ responsibility to continue the insurance to cover the full cost of ***** (as agreed to in kitten questionnaire) and to ensure that he / she is able to receive the best veterinary care if necessary in the future. We recommend Agria as they don’t quibble if a payment is required - we strongly recommend you choose a lifetime policy, as this will cover any ongoing problems or illnesses for the life of the cat as opposed to one year on ordinary policies!
- •Carolyn’s responsibility is limited to a replacement kitten only. No cash refunds are given (other than in the first 7 days) and all responsibility for vet fees for Carolyn transfers to ***** on signing this contract. Please refer to our Health Guarantee document which is included and forms part of this Agreement.
Congenital / Herditary Defects
- • If ***** should die of a congenital defect (not a disease or accident) within the first thirty six (36) months of his / her life, Carolyn will replace ***** free of charge with a kitten of comparable quality and value when available and upon the production by ***** of a post-mortem document issued by a qualified veterinary surgeon identifying the cause of death. Carolyn reserves the right to have the post-mortem examination confirmed by our veterinary surgeon, Michael Edwards. She also reserves the right not to provide a free kitten if a payment is proven to have been made to ***** by a Pet Insurance company on the sad passing of *****.
- Carolyn has done everything in her power to ensure that ***** is a healthy cat. As such she guarantees that he / she is free of FeLV and FIV at the time of transfer and is also free of any visible illnesses / diseases and parasites. By signing this contract you indicate that you are satisfied with the observed health status of ***** at the time of sale. For this health guarantee to be valid, Carolyn requires that the health of ***** is verified by *****’s own vet within 7 days of transfer to his / her new home and that in the meantime, he / she is isolated from any other cats / animals.
- • ***** is fully house trained, has been wormed four times (three with Panacur and one week before departure with Milbemax), and vaccinated twice with Purevax RCP - which is a non-adjuvanted vaccine against Viral Rhinotracheitis, Calicivirosis and infectious Panleucopenia. He / she has been vet checked at least three times and has been passed fit to leave for his / her new home and to travel. He / she has also been treated with Advantage flea drops as a precaution one day prior to transfer. He / she was neutered at 12 weeks old - on *****. There are no sutures to be removed and no after care. If you have concerns about the wound, please contact Carolyn for advice.
- • ***** is from parents that have been DNA tested and found to be clear for the MYBPC3 gene associated with HCM & PKD in Ragdolls. This means that genetically, he / she is also clear from the known defective genes from these conditions. Both parents have also been scanned by a qualified cardiologist and their hearts are in perfect condition.
- • This initial Health Guarantee is valid for 7 days after purchase, providing that there has been no contact with any other cats or animals and that ***** has not had access to the outdoors during this time. The Health Guarantee is also reliant on ***** being checked by a qualified veterinary surgeon within 7 days of being in his /her new home who documents that he /she is not in good health. If illness occurs within 7 days of purchase (as long as ***** has been kept away from other animals) , ***** will return him / her to Carolyn within 24 hours. Subject to Carolyn’s veterinary surgeon assessing *****’s welfare and health status and verifying the absence of accidental poisoning or physical damage to him / her, she will replace ***** free of charge with a kitten of comparable quality and value as soon as one is available.
- • Due to the controversy and possible health implications related to the Feline Leukaemia “FLV” vaccination, Carolyn does not recommend its use. If ***** chooses to have ***** vaccinated against FLV, Carolyn will not be responsible for any adverse reaction caused to her. The FLV vaccination is not required for indoor cat, they are not at risk from it.
- • Michael Edwards at The Cardiff Cat Clinic has carried out all vaccinations and examined ***** at least three times and found him / her to be in excellent health - fit to travel and be transferred to ***** s’ care.
By signing this Contract you are entering into a legally binding agreement for the purchase of ***** and confirm that you understand and agree to all the terms described herein.
AS WITNESS the hands of the parties.
THIS AGREEMENT SHALL REMAIN IN FORCE THROUGHOUT THE KITTEN’S LIFE
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
******** is registered with The International Cat Association (TICA) - cattery number ***** and we support the Voluntary Responsible Breeder Program. We are also a veterinary inspected cattery and as a result have been found to be a TICA Outstanding Cattery.
For further information about TICA, please visit www.tica.org.
The International Cat Association (TICA) Voluntary Code of Ethics for
- • I am a member in good standing of the International Cat Association (TICA) and have a TICA registered cattery.
- • I will breed discriminately, and only if I can find good homes for our kittens.
- • I will place kittens only in homes that I believe will provide a life long commitment of love, appreciation, and responsible care.
Any kitten or cat, sold as a pet or companion will be sold under the following conditions:
- • I will guarantee that the kitten / cat is in good health at the time of sale.
- • I will urge the purchaser to have the cat / kitten examined by the purchasers own veterinarian within a few days of purchase; to confirm its good health.
- • I will require that the kitten be spayed or neutered ; NO LATER THAN 12 months of age, and not be allowed to produce any offspring.
- • I will explain to the purchaser; the dangers of an outdoor environment.
- • I will provide a written sales agreement, that describes the terms of the sale. I will abide by my own sales agreement.
- • I will provide the TICA registration application form, and or pedigree for the kitten / cat ONLY after I have received written evidence from a licensed veterinarian, that the kitten / cat has been altered.
- • I will encourage the purchaser to contact me, if the purchaser has any questions ; and I will respond in a timely manner.
- • I will NOT release a kitten until it has been inoculated at least twice against the following - Panleukopenia, Feline Rhinotracheitis, and Calicivirus. I may also choose to give other vaccinations.